Posted by: | Posted on: 04 October, 2019 | Category: Health Tips | School Name: abhay_11
So, the fitness Instagrammers, organic diet and modern yogis make you wonder how such a lifestyle and workout regime one has adopted and it is quite fascinating seeing these people easily bending and becoming so flexible and toned. And all this has somewhere sparked an interest in you to go for yoga.
Now the decision has been made and you are searching for a way to get yourself ready and begin your yoga journey.
But before that, try considering these questions and then decide for yourself.
1. Why do I need to do yoga?
2. How yoga can benefit me?
3. When will I do yoga?
4. Mode of learning yoga - offline or online?
Give answers to yourself…. And tell us in the comments
Let’s get on with some basics, to begin with for your yoga journey
1. Learn basic yoga poses - to start the yoga practice, first get yourself familiar with some basic yoga poses like sukhasana, virasana and a lot more.
· Choose to practice a pose as per your body.
· Analyze if your body is strong or flexible enough to practice that pose
SOME BASIC YOGA POSES
1. Easy pose (SUKHASANA)
2. Hero pose (VIRASANA)
3. Leg up the wall (VIPARITA KARANI)
4. Happy baby pose (ANANDA BALASANA)
2. Practice deep breathing - breathing is one of the essentials of yoga and is vital for the complete benefit of yoga asana to our body.
As a beginner, start taking 5-6 deep breaths and observe your body movements while breathing and its effects on the body and mind.
SOME BASIC BREATHING EXERCISES
· Abdominal breathing technique - put one hand on the chest and the other on the belly, take a deep breath in through the nose, ensuring the diaphragm (not the chest) inflates with enough air to create a stretch in the lungs. Take 6 to 10 deep, slow breaths per minute for 10 minutes each day to experience immediate reductions to heart rate and blood pressure.
· Progressive relaxation - breathe in through the nose, hold for a count of five while the muscles tense, then breathe out through the mouth.
· Alternate nostril breathing - sit in a comfortable position, hold the right thumb over the right nostril and inhale deeply through the left nostril. At the peak of inhalation, close off the left nostril with the ring finger, then exhale through the right nostril. Continue the pattern, inhaling through the right nostril, closing it off with the right thumb, and exhaling through the left nostril.
· Kapalbhati or skull shining breath -sit in a comfortable position take long, slow inhale, followed by a quick, powerful exhale generated from the lower belly. Start slow and increase the count after you get comfortable with the breathing.
3. Start doing meditation - like breathing, meditation is also one of the essentials of doing yoga, meditation lets our mind quite and make us focus on our breaths and awareness of the mind. Meditation teaches us to pause for some time and let our mind relax in our daily hustle-bustle.
MEDITATION FOR BEGINNERS - STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Step 1 - sit in a comfortable position, on a couch, mat or your bed
Step 2 - keep your spine straight
Step 3 - rest your hands on your knees
Step 4 - begin with a deep inhale and then slow exhale
Step 5 - keep taking breaths and observe yourself breathing
4. Start slow and be regular - beginning yoga is easy but you also have to be consistent in your practice and also don’t need to pressure yourself to master the asanas just like that. Take your time and start slow with the asanas and then be regular in practicing yoga. Decide a time and dedicate yourself to practice 1-2 asanas daily and then increase the asanas as per your practice and adaptability.
Our main mission is to enrich people’s lives and add some memorable moments in their lives. And we believe that a yoga journey is one of the best memorable moments that increase happiness and the personal growth.
ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः । सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् । ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः